Continuing our series on living in Greenville, which started with The New Resident’s Guide and Greenville TX Real Estate, we thought we’d take a closer look at Greenville, TX homes.
Housing Stats Recap
As you’ll already know, the median home value for Greenville, TX homes is $77,100, with a median monthly rent of $724 and a median annual property tax of $1,037.
That said, for the approximately 270 homes currently listed as for sale on Realtor.com, the median listing price is actually $168,500.
Only 45.5% of Greenville, TX homes are lived in by their owners (the other 54.5% are rented). Interestingly, renters only make up 39.7% of Greenville’s population, or about 10,482 of the city’s 26,403 residents.
These statistics will, naturally, differ from one neighborhood to the next. So for today, we’re going to take a closer look at the 6 Greenville neighborhoods we identified as the best to live in.
And because Zillow.com has a few extra properties listed, we’ll be using their website to check out the Greenville homes currently listed.
Zillow.com only has one home in Ardis Heights currently listed. It’s a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home, which is in keeping with the neighborhood, and has an asking price of $140,000.
That said, Timberglen – previously a mobile home park in Ardis Heights – has 6 newly built homes currently listed for $65,535+.
Concord currently doesn’t have any property listed on Zillow.com, unfortunately. There is a large lot (10.51 acres) of undeveloped land nearby, but that doesn’t quite match our criteria for today’s topic!
The only indication of housing costs in Concord we could find was an outdated median rent price from 2016.
All we can really glean from that is Concord property tends to be more expensive than the median home value of Greenville as a whole.
Historic Downtown Greenville
Historic Downtown Greenville is a great neighborhood, but there aren’t many properties currently listed in this area either. This is because people are loath to move out, of course!
The 2 listings we did find are both on Johnson Street and just 1 block apart. Interestingly, the smaller of the 2 (3 -bedroom, 2-bathroom) is more expensive at $229,900.
The larger house (4-bedroom, 5-bathroom) isn’t quite as visually appealing, which might explain the cheaper price tag at $199,000.
Of course, if you go for the larger home, you can always do some renovations!
There’s a fair number of (Mineral Heights) Greenville, TX homes currently listed on Zillow.com – which is great, because it’s definitely one of the best neighborhoods in the city!
All 5 of the properties are 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom homes and range from $158,900 (on Stonewall Street) to $205,800 (on Colorado Street).
Interestingly, the home with the best curb appeal is listed for only $189,000 (Woodrow Boulevard), while the Stonewall Street property (with the lowest listing price) has the best-looking interior.
It just goes to show it’s always worth shopping around when looking for a new home in Greenville!
Peniel currently has 3 homes listed.
The cheapest of them is the largest. Located on Lakewood Street with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, it promises to be a fixer-upper, but will only cost you $66,000 to purchase. Main Street has the smallest of the homes listed, with only 1 bathroom for its 3 bedrooms, and is listed at $139,900.
Sunset Street, however, has the Greenville home with the most potential. The 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom property comes with a price tag of $165,000.
Last, but not least, is Reavilon.
The population density in this Greenville neighborhood is very comfortable, and the homes all boast large garden areas.
However, those currently listed on Zillow.com don’t tell us how many bedrooms or bathrooms each has.
All 3 of them are currently in pre-foreclosure and will be auctioned off, so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to get them relatively cheap.
Only the property on Ellis Circle has an estimated value on display, at $87,362. If you ask us, it’s the home on Wolfe City Drive that has the best curb appeal (including yard maintenance).
Moving into a new house can seem daunting at times. But with a little help from our expert team, you can quickly turn any Greenville property into a home!